Steps I haven’t figured out how to take yet…
- Plastic free shaving
- Plastic free mouth wash
- Plastic free berries…I love blueberries, strawberries, cherries, blackberries, raspberries, and grapes. But I don’t buy them unless I pick them myself OR I stumble across a farmers marker that sells them in cardboard.
- Plastic free garbage bags
- Plastic free household cleaners… glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, etc….
- Fruits and veggies without the stickers
- The plastic lids on cardboard containers
- Actual cardboard containers without the “wax”
- Chips or noodles sold in cardboard without that little plastic window
- Actually, the plastic window food viewer is on lots of foods…
- Cereal without that plastic bag…
- Bread (GF and regular!)
- Dairy products- cheese, yogurt etc.
- I don’t eat bisquick but I heard a rumor that it no longer has a plastic bag inside of it! Yay bisquick!
- Glass bottles with the plastic protection around the lid
- School supplies (gluesticks, scissors, ziplock bags etc…. can we not?)
- Good deodorant (for someone who loves LUSH I do not like the bar deodorant, one of the falls apart easily while the other one smells funky… I wanted to like it, I really did!).
- Toilet paper sold in more than just the single option
- Contacts (I can’t afford surgery)
- Contact solution
Unfortunately, these plastics are still in my life. If you know of any suggestions to help this girl become even more plastic free please share your wisdom with me.
I’m sure there are even more plastics in my life that I am not thinking of right now… any help will be appreciated!
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
– Albert Einstein, Physicist