Here are a list of things I’ve stopped buying and roughly how much money I save on a yearly basis. This cost estimation is based on two adults.
- Paper Towels. I use dish cloths~ This step saves =$260 per year
- Napkins. I use wash cloths or dish cloths~ This step saves = $40 per year
- Seran Wrap. I love my bees wrap! This step saves = $70 per year
*My next step, make my own bees wraps out of fabric from old shirts!
- Reynolds Wrap. This step saves = $70 per year
- Zip lock bags. I use glass containers or my beeswax wrap. This step saves = $60 per year
- Water bottles. This save saves = $120 per year
- Dropps Laundry. This step saves me = $40 per year
- Fast food/take out. The savings on this step is unknown, it’s hard to guess how much I would grab fast food because I don’t like it. I don’t like the waste that goes along with it and the lack of nutritious value. I might grab take out if I bring my own containers, but never from a fast food joint 🙂
- Floss. I use a water pik, it’s made out of plastic but at least it’s not single use? At least that’s what I tell myself… This step saves = $72 per year
Total savings per year (rough estimate) = $602
No more impulse buys either! I have to actually plan when I go shopping or to the grocery store. I do my shopping more efficiently and buying only what I need. (Ahem.. except *cough* shoes *cough*) This little step lifestyle saves me money in the long run.
“I make myself rich by making my wants few”
– Henry David Thoreau